Discover DIY Media Studio
Record high quality video and audio at the DIY Media Studio. The sound buffered DIY Media Studio provides access to microphones, a mixing board, a video camera and a Mac computer with audio and video software, including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro for audio and video
- Audacity – Audio recording
- Camtasia – Screen capture/ audio recording
- Open Broadcast Software (OBS) Free – Streaming, Annotation, Webcam Annotation.
Located in the Music Art and Architecture Library on the 3rd floor of IKBLC.
Please ensure you bring an external memory device to save large files. Files cannot be saved to the workstation and are deleted between sessions.
Terms and Conditions of DIY Media Studio Room Booking
- Room must be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- Session length can be from 45 minutes to 2 hours and 45 minutes, depending on the start time of your booking. These session lengths allow for time between sessions to accommodate turnover of the studio for the next booking.
- Should any member of the same group book more than once a day, the second time slot will be cancelled.
- All studio bookings end 30 minutes before the Music, Art & Architecture Library closes. Please visit the hours portal for MAA hours.
- Cancellations must be made at least 10 hours in advance of your confirmed studio booking. Two missed bookings or late cancellations will result in a loss of booking privileges.
- Recording musical performances within the space is not permitted.
- Please note while this room is a sound-buffered space located within a quiet study environment, it is not entirely sound-proof.
Room Use Specs and Recording How to
- DIY Media Room Information – To learn more about the equipment and software programs space
Recording How To
- Recording 101 – CLC Tech Support page to learn more about how to record and podcast
- Audacity Cheat Sheet (PDF)– Tips on using the free recording program Audacity
- Record Two Microphones on Different Audacity Tracks (PDF) – Instructions on setting up Audacity when using multiple microphones
- How to Use the Marantz Turret Mic (PDF)– Instructions on setting up and using the Marantz Turret Microphone
- More microphones and recording equipment for rent (for student, faculty, staff)
- Refer to the 3rd page of the DIY Media Room Information for settings. Make sure all setting match this document including headphone plugins, and knob settings.
- If sound isn’t working, restart the computer.
- Check in with the Chapman Learning Commons Help desk