Computers & Software
Take advantage of the computer facilities in the Chapman Learning Commons (located on level 3 of the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre) which include 23 PC and 16 Mac workstations. Students, faculty and staff can access our computers with a CWL login or library barcode and pin number. Community members and public users can obtain guest access IDs from the Irving K. Barber Learning Centre circulation desk. Government issued photo ID is required for the guest access IDs.
If you are experiencing technical issues, please contact the Learning Commons Information Desk during operating hours or submit a ticket to UBC IT. (Please include your name, email address, CWL and the specifics of the issue, including workstation number)
- Mac Workstations
- Mac workstations are available on level 3 of the Chapman Learning Commons, on level 3 of the Music, Art & Architecture Library, on level 3 of Koerner Library and on level 2 of the Law Library. These Mac Workstations have the following software installed:
- All Mac workstations in the Music, Art & Architecture Library) also have:
- In the Chapman Learning Commons, there are 6 scanners available at the Mac workstations, including an express scanning station with a ten minute time limit.
- Multimedia Mac Workstations
- The Chapman Learning Commons and Digital Media Commons offer Multimedia Mac Workstations with additional software, including:
- The Multimedia Mac workstations in the Music, Art and Architecture Library, also have: