- Federal Student Work Experience Program: This program offers full-time students work experience in the federal public service. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in working for the government. Apply ASAP.
- UBC Summer Camps: If you have a passion for you and want to improve your leadership skills, check out all the positions that are offered by UBC Summer Camps. Apply ASAP (application open until all the positions are filled).
- UBC Summer Work-Learn Program: This program, specifically for UBC students, gives you the opportunity to learn and develop professional skills in a work environment. Applications open from March 13-24 on Careers Online.
- Alma Mater Society (AMS): Apply to work for your student society to make a difference in UBC.
- Vancouver Crisis Centre: Distress Services Volunteers are trained to provide non-judgmental listening, support and intervention over the telephone and online messaging. Application deadline is March 26th for those that want to start in May 2017.
- Ubyssey: Do you like storytelling and journalism? Volunteer for UBC’s student-run newspaper.
- United Nations Online Volunteering: This program allows volunteers to team up with organizations to address sustainable development challenges anywhere in the world.
- UBC Farm: Interested in agriculture, sustainability and food? Gain hands-on experience in small-scale sustainable farming!
- UBC Student Environment Centre Fund: Apply to this fund if you have an idea for a project (e.g event, program, campaign, etc.) which is concerned with sustainability and/or the environment. Apply before the end of the semester.
- Equity Enhancement Fund: Supports community-based initiatives that enhance equity, diversity, inclusion and intercultural understanding at UBC. Apply by Feb 28th.
- Find a list of other sources of funding here.
Wasting a lot of time online? Pulling too many all-nighters? Getting better at managing your time is easier than you think!
Nothing causes anxiety in students quite like presenting. With our helpful tips and tricks, you’ll be chomping at the bit to present!